USA: The cutting edge
The US has been at the forefront of the majority of legal IT growth worldwide, so when it turned its attention to e-disclosure, the rest of the world was bound to follow suit. Kieran Flatt reports
The US is the spiritual home of legal technology. The world’s one remaining superpower supports such a vast domestic legal industry – and such a fiercely competitive market for legal services – that it is bound to foster more innovation than the smaller global markets. The oft-quoted axiom that “whenever America sneezes, the rest of the world catches ‘flu” holds as true for legal technology as it does for popular culture and international relations.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651