Management: Big ambitions
Orlando Conetta explains why, when it comes to IT decisions, big is not necessarily better. Far more important is getting your house in order and following the tenets of consistent investment and common sense
The life of an e-commerce manager at a magic circle firm may not, on the surface, seem that exciting. However, it certainly had lots of perks. For me it was the small things – like walking into a building with tapestries that would not look out of place in the British Museum; or the selection of herbal beverages in each meeting room that would baffle even a tea sage of the Song dynasty; and then there were the server rooms. Those sterile palaces held a fascination for me.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651