Time for an MOT
The Combined Code introduces a new requirement for companies to carry out 'formal, rigorous, annual evaluation' of the board's performance. Here Clive Morton sets out a few tips on how to carry out the review and says that only by improving the performance of the board can you bring about a lasting cultural transformation in your company
For many years, a promotion to the board was a tremendous accolade – you cracked open the champagne. But today, the responsibilities of the position are coming home in bounds. Who among the Equitable Life directors of the early 1990s could have envisaged that they would be at the end of an enormous lawsuit a decade later?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651