Interview: Taking the chair
David Varney's extensive business experience has seen him take up non-executive and executive roles at Shell and British Gas. The current chair of mm02 spoke to Richard Susskind at the Global Legal Forum about his experience of how lawyers can add value and why he wasn't surprised that there were problems at Shell
Could you give a sense of the relationships with in-house and external lawyers that you feel have worked well in your various capacities as a top manager?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651