Commentary: Getting Simmons back into play
Simmons' M&A team possesses some rising talent but must raise the game to escape relegation
Like a certain football team that has been in the headlines of late, fortune rarely favours Simmons & Simmons. True, the firm has won notable recent appointments as lead corporate adviser to HMV and New Look, but for many it is more significant to see the firm twice failing to get a crack of the whip on Philip Green’s £9bn Marks & Spencer bid.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651