The Beat goes on
'I would have preferred that the improvement of the role of legal in Shell came about by other means,' reflects Beat Hess. But he believes he would have managed to convince the group that changes should be made in any event, writes Mary Mullally
When Beat Hess joined oil giant Royal Dutch/Shell in June last year his first task was to present a report to the committee of managing directors (CMD) on his vision for the role of the 600-strong legal function within the group. Five months later, after careful consultation with his legal management team, the report was complete.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651