A broader view
Many of you will be currently considering your career options as you chase the ever-elusive training contract. The majority will be looking to train in private practice in the hope of making it in a magic circle firm, but have you considered the in-house option? Sapna Bedi explains why following a career in-house could be the best decision you ever made
Back in my college days, when I was searching for that elusive training contract, I must confess I did not consider a career in-house. Instead, my aspirations lay in the traditional route of qualifying – training in private practice and one day making it as a high-flyer in a magic circle law firm or working as a high street lawyer defending the rights of the common man.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651