Ashursts advises Debenhams as bidding war intensifies
Legal Week reports
Ashurst Morris Crisp has emerged as the lead adviser to Debenhams in the protracted bidding war between two rival groups of equity houses to acquire the department store operator.The City leader is advising Debenhams on the recently lodged £1.7bn offer by Baroness Retail – a vehicle set up by CVC Capital Partners, Texas Pacific Group and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity to make the bid.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651