Finland: Riding the waves
Despite the downturn, Finland's lawyers have kept themselves busy in the past 12 months with expansion, contraction and keeping up with the competition - not to mention taking on the biggest M&A deal in Scandinavian history. Sophie Evans reports
Helsinki callingThe tie-up between Finland’s Sonera Corporation and Sweden’s Telia AB was for a number of reasons the most notable the Scandinavian market had seen for years. The deal was not only the first ever cross-border merger between two Nordic telecoms giants, but was also the largest merger ever seen in the Scandinavian market, reportedly worth some E7.4bn ($8.7bn).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651