Newly Qualifieds: Keeping a foot on the ladder
The job situation for trainees qualifying this September is likely to be the worst for many years. Shami Iqbal looks at the options for those whose dream seat is unlikely to turn into reality
As a trainee ready to qualify in September you are probably going through any number of scenarios and emotions at the moment. You may have been offered your ideal role on qualification, you may be interviewing internally and competing with your colleagues, you may have been told that there is no role for you in your chosen field, or you may simply have been told nothing yet. Many trainees are already out there in the market and are exploring other opportunities to cover all options, while others are waiting to see what happens at their current firm. Either way, for a large proportion of trainees, summer 2003 is going to be a tough ride.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651