Business support staff: Loyal supporters
Support staff are often the first in the line of fire during rough economic times. But as law firms develop, non-legal professionals are increasingly essential to the modern law firm and good ones are hard to find, writes Gary Jones
As law firms, like every business at the moment, continue to review their costs and headcount, business support staff will naturally feel uneasy. Is my department going to be cut? Am I going to be cut? This feeling is quite natural but we should console ourselves with the thought that gone are the days when law firms can live and breathe without a fair representation of support staff. The experience, business acumen and value that business support professionals were recruited for in the first place are still needed. In fact when times are hard, they are needed more than ever.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651