In-House - Cost management: is it them vs us?
Jeff Hodge was surprised by the resistance to legal cost management and e-billing in the UK - here he argues that law firm-client relationships must be measurable and those who ignore this business reality are unlikely to survive
Recently, I was asked to speak at an in-house management seminar in London on cost management and electronic billing. In preparation, from the US, I carried out some research into where the UK market had progressed in its management of outside legal expenses since my last contact in 1998.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651