In-house: Stepping up to the mark
In April Robert Wardle succeeded Rosalind Wright as the director of the Serious Fraud Office. His appointment comes at a time when corporate crime is high on the public agenda. Here he speaks about his plans, and why he does not expect an easy ride
What will be your main challenge in the coming 12 months?An increased pressure on the caseload will be the major challenge. As the economy dips the number of business failures will increase and we know from experience that there will be more incidents of fraud.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651