ITALY: Working to rule
Last year, Italy finally implemented the European Works Council Directive. Franco Toffoletto looks at how
Eight years after its publication, and following a European Commission (EC) action against Italy for non-fulfilment of its European Union (EU) obligations, the European Works Council Directive has finally been implemented in Italy. The Directive has now been incorporated into national statute by way of Legislative Decree 74 of 2 April, 2002, (74/2002) which took effect on 9 May of that year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651