Ready for anything
As most IT implementations do not go to plan, how can IT directors in law firms plan for what is likely to go wrong? Deloitte & Touche dispute consulting partner Frank Ilett shares his views on good contract negotiation, contract management and how to manage potential disputes when the inevitable problems arise
We all know that spending on IT is huge. According to Computer Weekly, in 2003 the total spent in the UK will increase by 7.5% to reach £67.7bn. On average, UK organisations will be spending £2,623 per employee on IT this year. The Office of National Statistics reported that in 2000, law firms spent £155m on the purchase of computers and related IT activity, compared with £64m in 1996.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651