Leading from the front
Following the Enron scandal and the collapse of Andersen the concept of multi-disciplinary partnerships seemed dead and buried. But, argues Tony Williams, despite the setbacks MDPs still have much to offer
The events at Enron and the impact they had on the Andersen organisation were truly amazing. Never had a professional services organisation of such size, breadth and, until then, reputation, disintegrated so quickly. For Andersen Legal, the growing legal arm of Andersen, the events were cataclysmic. From being the ninth-largest legal business by turnover in 2001, with a limited but rapidly growing reputation, it was suddenly gone.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651