California: Nothing ventured...
After years of being told to follow the US venture capital model the Europeans are beginning to listen. But, say John Campbell and Kristian Wiggert, they have as much to learn from the mistakes as the successes
“You know, you Europeans could learn a lot from the US.” During the late 1990s, players in the European private equity industry probably heard this self-satisfied piece of advice more than most. So they can be forgiven for feeling a bit of schadenfreude at the current wreckage in the US private equity market.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651