Promising changes in pensions
Brian Buggy explains Ireland's new equivalent of stakeholder pensions following the Pensions (Amendment) Act 2002
On 13 April the Pensions (Amendment) Act 2002 was signed into law by the Irish President. The Act, which amends the Irish Pensions Act 1990 will come into operation by ministerial order on various dates commencing 1 June. The act will be ‘fleshed-out’ by detailed regulation in many instances. The main features can be summarised as follows:
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651