Lawrence Graham boosts employment with Orchard partner
Legal Director reports
Lawrence Graham (LG) has hired Orchard partner Simon Malcolm for its employment department.Employment litigation specialist Malcolm will join the firm next month as the department’s second partner alongside group head Yvonne Gallagher.His appointment follows the departure of former department head Georgina Keane who left LG in April to set up her own practice, Keane & Co.Keane had been with LG for a year. Formerly the head of employment at Richards Butler, Keane was brought in to chair the LG employment practice and jointly managed the employment group with Gallagher.Gallagher said: “The conclusion was that it did not work out but there are no ill feelings.”Keane, who told Legal Week she had wanted to open her own practice for a number of years, said she hoped to be joined by a partner in the coming months.Malcolm has acted for UNISON, TMP Worldwide and Pitney Bowes.The loss of Malcolm is a further blow for Orchard, which was hit earlier this year by the departure of four partners to the London office of US firm Altheimer & Gray.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651