Kennedys boost HK with Masons hire
Legal Director reports
City firm Kennedys has appointed a new construction partner to its Hong Kong office.Construction and engineering specialist Richard Bates joins the 56-partner firm, which is known locally as Skrine Thomas Sharrock, from the Hong Kong office of rival City firm Masons where he has worked for the last seven years.Bates has advised on a number of projects in Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region including the building of Chep Lap Kok (Hong Kong’s new international airport) and the expansion of the Taiwan High Speed Rail.“Bates’ experience and knowledge of the market means we can increase the strength of our services to clients in Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region,” said Rupert Skrine, name partner at the Hong Kong practice.Kennedys has had a presence in Hong Kong since February 2000 when it formed an association with Skrine Thomas Sharrock.The Hong Kong office’s main practice areas include litigation for insurance, banking, commercial and construction.Kennedys has been expanding its practice across several jurisdictions in recent months.In April, the firm formed an association with Russian firm Vegas Lex and in the same month the firm announced that it was to open a second indian office by the end of the year.In October last year the firm, which is best known for its core insurance litigation practice, became the first UK firm to open an office in New Zealand based in Auckland.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651