Jones Day boosts Madrid with US lawyer
Legal Director reports
Jones Day Reavis & Pogue has transferred its first US-qualified lawyer to its Madrid office in a bid to increase its slice of the Spanish project finance market. Richard Puttre, who joins the practice from Virginia-based firm McGuire Woods Battle & Booth, becomes a counsel at the firm’s 19-lawyer Madrid office. Puttre joins the select band of US-qualified lawyers practising in the Spanish legal market.A project finance specialist, Puttre will head up and help expand the firm’s Spanish-based project finance practice.The firm, which has had an office in the region since 1999, is one of only a handful of US firms with an office in Spain, including Baker & McKenzie and Chicago firm Squire Sanders & Dempsey.Jones Day, which already has a strong practice in London and Paris, has identified the Spanish market as a key European jurisdiction along with Italy. The Madrid practice concentrates on tax, corporate and competition work for both US and domestic clients, however the firm believes it can also succeed in the project finance arena.At the beginning of May, Jones Day relocated two of its senior partners to Milan in order to set up an Italian practice by the end of the year.Peter Sternberg and David Rosso will be in charge of establishing an IT and energy practice to service local and international clients.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651