Hammonds bags top Halliwells partner
Legal Director reports
Manchester firm Halliwell Landau has lost high profile property partner Stephen Goodman to Hammond Suddards Edge.Goodman, an equity partner at Halliwells and one of the best-known property lawyers in the north west, is credited with turning Halliwells’ property department into a major force in Manchester.Goodman is the second senior property lawyer to leave Halliwells in the last six months, with respected partner Paul Conroy leaving for national rival Addleshaw Booth & Co last December.Goodman was until recently head of Halliwells’ property, before partner Mike Edge took over this year in a move that surprised many in the Manchester property scene.He will be working alongside Hammonds’ Manchester head of property Liam Buckley and partner Karen Brooks, who joined the firm last year from Eversheds in Birmingham.“Stephen’s appointment means that we have a very strong property team in Manchester,” Hammonds’ Manchester head William Downs told Legal Week. “We are sure to win new work in the future.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651