Simmons elects new partnership board
Legal Week reports
Simmons & Simmons has voted in its new partnership board, following the structural changes it made earlier this year to allow representation from its foreign offices for the first time.Nick Norris from the firm’s Hong Kong office and Stephen Walters from the firm’s Paris office have gained places on the board. They will be joined by four London-based partners: Colin Leaver, Colin Passmore, Richard Slater and Kevin Mooney.The non-executive board is effective immediately and is likely to have its first meeting in June. It will then be discussed whether any suitable non-executive partners will be allowed onto the board.The board, which will also consist of senior partner Janet Gaymer and managing partner David Dickinson, will have the function of deciding strategy. The executive, which also consists of Gaymer and Dickinson as well as the firm’s finance director and heads of department, will execute strategy. Simmons & Simmons is the latest firm to have restructured its board to open the management process to overseas partners and reflect the firm’s global ambitions.In March, Ashurst Morris Crisp created a European strategy board in order to reflect the firm’s continental presence.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651