Debevoise & Plimpton secures Frankfurt base
Legal Director reports
Leading New York firm Debevoise & Plimpton is to launch a Frankfurt office this summer after hiring top corporate partner Thomas Schuerrle from Noerr Steifenhofer Lutz.The loss of Schuerrle is a blow for Noerr, which earlier this year pledged to strengthen ties with its City ally Macfarlanes.Schuerrle will join tax partner Friedrich Hey in Frankfurt, who joins in August from the New York office of Linklaters & Alliance. Hey had been a partner in Oppenhoff & Raedler until it agreed to merge with the magic circle firm at the end of last year.Debevoise’s new office will be watched with great interest by Germany’s best corporate partners, many of whom have been approached by other leading US firms who are now seeking to gain a foothold in Europe’s largest economy.Sullivan & Cromwell has also been looking to hire German partners for a Frankfurt office but has so far failed to secure a heavyweight lateral hire.The two new German appointments will be joined by three other Debevoise corporate partners: Hans Bertram-Nothangel, Marcia MacHarg and David Hickok.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651