Berwins tops BLP board
Camilla Hardwick reports
Berwin Leighton partners have the lion’s share of management roles in the merged firm Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP). Partners from Berwins have been appointed to head the four core departments: John Bennett will head corporate; Philip Bretherton property; Simon Allan finance and Michael Goldmeier litigation and dispute resolution.The core departments of the firm, which merged on 1 May, are divided into practice groups and the heads of the groups are also Berwins-heavy with a ratio of 10:6.Berwins dominates the property department, with Bretherton appointed as head of the commercial property practice group as well as overall head of department. Two of the remaining groups will be headed by Berwins partners with Paisner partner Craig Baylis heading the final group – regulatory practice. The firm said that the allocation of heads reflected the respective sizes of the two firms. The new management team is to attend a leadership course run by Harvard Business School.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651