Deal Watch: Paul Weiss, Sullivan Cromwell, Linklaters Lead Bayer/Elanco Deal
A bevy of Am Law 200 firms advised on the latest big deals: Elanco bought the animal health division of Bayer AG, VMWare makes two acquisitions, Hasbro buys up eOne and Simply Food gets nutritious.
The pet health business is big business. And one of its biggest players just got bigger. Greenfield, Indiana-based animal health company Elanco, formerly a division of Eli Lilly, has bought the animal health division of German conglomerate Bayer AG for $7.6 billion, making Elanco the second-largest player in the lucrative field, with 13% market share, according to The Wall Street Journal.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651