'When the tide goes out you see who has been swimming naked' - restructuring partners on the turmoil on the high street
As more high street names collapse into administration, restructuring partners weigh in on the sector's woes
“Retail is a troubled sector in large parts of the developed world and that is not something that is going to go away,” says Allen & Overy (A&O) head of global restructuring Ian Field of the growing number of well-known names set to disappear from UK high streets. “We are closely monitoring a number of retail situations at the moment and I would imagine that is set to continue.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651