Hogan Lovells and Skadden lead on landmark $1.65bn Russia retail deal
Hogan Lovells and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom have taken lead roles on a $1.65bn (£1bn) acquisition by one of Russia's largest retailers. X5 Retail Group, the retail branch of financial-industrial conglomerate Alfa Group, has acquired rival retail chain Kopeyka in a deal expected to close later this month. Hogan Lovells advised X5 with a team led by Moscow managing partner and corporate head Oxana Balayan (pictured) and senior M&A counsel Richard Cowie. London tax partner Karen Hughes also advised on the deal.
Hogan Lovells and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom have taken lead roles on a $1.65bn (£1bn) acquisition by one of Russia’s largest retailers.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651