General counsel of the year
Alex Thrower's mission at Teva UK is to 'use law as a business tool and safety net, not as a threat or constraint'. The judges were impressed by the terrific references provided by senior business colleagues. She joined Teva, the largest supplier of medicines to the NHS, in 2006 when her company, IVAX Pharmaceuticals UK, was acquired by the Israel-based multinational. Following the deal, she was appointed director of legal affairs for the UK and Ireland at the head of a team of 10 London-based lawyers. She also joined the board, becoming at 30 the company's youngest ever management board director. She has assigned her team members to different business units with a brief to engage in the development of new products from the outset.
Alex Thrower’s mission at Teva UK is to ‘use law as a business tool and safety net, not as a threat or constraint’. The judges were impressed by the terrific references provided by senior business colleagues.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651