Chadbourne bankruptcy partner quits to join Weil Gotshal
Chadbourne & Parke bankruptcy partner Joseph Smolinsky has agreed to move to the high-powered bankruptcy unit at Weil Gotshal & Manges, reports The Am Law Daily. Howard Seife, global chair of Chadbourne's bankruptcy practice, confirmed that Smolinsky is leaving the firm for Weil. Sources familiar with Smolinksy's practice say he has a significant book of business and that his move will represent a significant blow to Chadbourne's bankruptcy group.Smolinsky has represented both high-profile debtors such as Days Inns of America and Orion Pictures, and, more recently, creditors and lenders in Chapter 11 cases. Smolinsky advised Citicorp, a lender/creditor in the bankruptcy of TOUSA, one of the ten largest Chapter 11 bankruptcies of 2008.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651