A&O lands role advising HBOS on £1.3bn sale of Australian assets
Allen & Overy (A&O) has landed a lead role advising HBOS on the £1.3bn sale of some of its Australian operations to the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA). The CBA is to buy the Bank of Western Australia and St Andrew's Australia from HBOS. London corporate partner Alistair Asher has taken the lead role on the UK aspects of the deal, assisted by corporate partner George Knighton and corporate associate Sara Pickersgill. HBOS has also turned to Australian law firm Clayton Utz for local advice, with M&A head Rod Halstead advising from the firm's Sydney office.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651