Innovation Is Key to Remaining Relevant in the Canadian Legal Market
The combination of evolving client pressures, new entrants in the legal service provider space, and the influence of a new generation of lawyers has created the ideal environment for change.
The constant introduction of new technologies and automation is a known force in all industries, and the Canadian legal industry is no different.
The combination of evolving client pressures, new entrants in the legal service provider space, and the influence of a new generation of lawyers has created the ideal environment for change. That change can be daunting and requires an understanding of legal technology and legal project management, as well as a supportive internal firm culture. It is also an incredible opportunity to find new and better ways to work with clients, potentially in ways we never before thought possible.
The impact of legal technology—from the application of machine learning in document and contract review to the use of transaction management software—has been significant. Proficiency with these types of tools is something clients have come to expect. But the real benefits for lawyers and clients come when those new technologies are deployed intelligently, with an eye to the growing pressure that clients are facing to deliver more with less.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now