Petrofac appoints Ashurst partner and CLLS chair Sparrow on SFO probe
Veteran litigation partner and City of London Law Society chair to advise the oilfield company as investigation continues
Oilfield company Petrofac has hired Ashurst litigation partner and City of London Law Society (CLLS) chair Edward Sparrow, as it faces an ongoing Serious Fraud Office (SFO) investigation into its connection to the Unaoil corruption scandal.
Petrofac confirmed in a statement on Wednesday (9 August) that as a senior external specialist, Sparrow will oversee the company’s “management of, and response to, the investigation”.
This premium content is reserved for
Law.com International Subscribers.
BENEFITS OF A SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDE:
- Customized news by region including UK, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and North America
- Cutting-edge research such as UK Top 100, China 45, and Asia 50
- Get the inside track on the biggest breaking stories that delve deep into the issues behind the headlines
- Comprehensive coverage of the dynamic legal market from people moves to the major international jurisdictions
- Global view into how legal tech, business of law, in-house and regulatory environments are intersecting worldwide
Already a subscriber? Sign In Now