The National Law Journal Rising Stars program recognizes the Chicago region’s 40 most promising lawyers under the age of 40 as of June 30. To qualify, the lawyers must work in the Chicago metropolitan area. If you have questions, please contact Michael Moline at email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is May 31. Please send submissions to NLJSurveys@alm.com.
We’re looking for lawyers who have wielded influence in their practice areas in the Chicago area and beyond. They should be innovators, developing unique practice niches, amassing robust books of business, demonstrating strong leadership qualities, showing expertise in litigation or transactional work and committing themselves to pro bono, charitable and professional volunteer work.
For this contest, we are asking you to provide:
1. An essay of no more than 500 words describing why the nominee should be selected. Among the questions that you should attempt to answer:
• Describe the accomplishments during the last year that qualify the nominee for our list. What makes the nominee stand out from his or her peers?
• How has the nominee demonstrated leadership—in his or her practice, in the workplace and in the profession?
• Has the nominee contributed to the community through pro bono work, charitable work or public service? Please describe.
2. A biography of the nominee, including the following information:
• City and State:
• Legal work experience (including dates and employer names):
• Other relevant information (awards, affiliations, significant publications):
3. A high-resolution photo of the nominee.
4. Contact information for two references who we can approach for an on-the-record conversation about the nominee’s legal work and accomplishments.