The Legal’s editorial staff recently set out to select our Women of the Year, in which we highlight the achievements of top women lawyers across the state. Our staff examined our archives and asked for insight from respected legal professionals in coming up with our list of honorees. The scope of our search was broad, looking at women working at law firms, public interest organizations, government agencies and anywhere else that lawyers are able to make an impact.
All of these women stood out because of the significant work they’ve done in the two years since we last went through this process. These women positively affect the legal profession in Pennsylvania in a number of different ways. Though this is far from a complete list of women who have made a mark with their work, we think this group deserves a special spotlight. There will be short profiles of each of these women in our Women in the Profession supplement, which is scheduled to be published April 29. The supplement will also feature the transcript of a recent roundtable discussion in which a panel looked at what can be done to improve the standing of women in the profession. Following is the list of names, in alphabetical order:
- Lorrie K. Albert, Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- U.S. District Judge Nitza Quinones Alejandro of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Karen Reid Bramblett, Pennsylvania Superior Court
- U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Jill Bronson, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Ellen Brotman, Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads
- Catherine Carr, Community Legal Services
- U.S. District Judge Joy Flowers Conti of the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Linda A. Galante, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young
- Superior Court Judge Susan Peikes Gantman
- Francine Griesing, Griesing Law
- Kristen Han, Destination Maternity Corp.
- Kathleen Kane, Attorney General’s Office
- Jannie Lau, Interdigital Inc.
- Jami Wintz McKeon, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Dianne M. Nast, NastLaw
- Stephanie Resnick, Fox Rothschild
- Geraldine Sinatra, Dechert
- Kim Smith, Hartman Underhill
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Sheila Woods-Skipper
- Sarah Yerger, Post & Schell
The Women in the Profession luncheon will be held June 26 to honor the Women of the Year. For more information, contact Diane McCollum at 215-557-2335 or email@example.com.
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to those who assisted us in coming up with this list. Keep your eyes open for the Women in the Profession supplement for much more.