Fox Rothschild is set to present a panel discussion on the current state of Title IX enforcement actions from 8 to 10 a.m. March 21 at the Marriott in Conshohocken, Pa.
Fox Rothschild partner Kevin Scott is set to moderate the roundtable, which will highlight the tension that exists for colleges and universities seeking to rid campuses of sexual violence while simultaneously ensuring the accused are treated fairly and have the ability to defend themselves.
The register for the event, visit http://goo.gl/Ulp8U6.
The 2014 Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports Law Journal Symposium, “An Inside Look at the World of Agents: Past, Present and Future,” is scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon in the Arthur M. Goldberg Commons at Villanova University School of Law.
Panelists for the symposium include:
• Richard Berthelsen, former NFL Players Association general counsel.
• David Cornwell of Gordon & Rees.
• Aileen Dagrosa, Philadelphia Eagles senior vice president and GC.
• Barry Hanrahan, Philadelphia Flyers assistant general manager.
• Gene Orza, former chief operating officer of MLB Players Association.
• Sol Weiss of Anapol Schwartz.
To register, visit http://goo.gl/SXDvwE.
Elected and Appointed
NALS of Philadelphia announced its officers for the 2014-15 fiscal year:
• Hilda Thompson of Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller, president.
• Flora G. Yarnall of Reed Smith, first vice president/membership chair.
• Megan Newsome of Drexel University College of Medicine Office of the General Counsel, second vice president/education chair.
• Susan Bender of Greenberg Traurig, recording secretary.
• Deborah Benullo of Robert J. Casey Jr. & Associates, treasurer.
The officers are set to be installed at the organization’s Administrative Professionals’ Day Dinner on April 23.
Contact installation chair Bonita Ortiz at bonita.ortiz@dla piper.com.
The Legal will be honoring its Women of the Year in 2014. If you would like to nominate a Pennsylvania attorney who did outstanding work in the past two years, contact Ben Seal at email@example.com for more information.
The Legal will honor the Pennsylvania Litigation Departments of the Year in 2014 and is seeking submissions from firms throughout the state. Awards will be given for general litigation, as well as six specialty practice areas.