The Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel is set to host a luncheon CLE program at 12:15 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Philadelphia Racquet Club.
Steven J. Schildt and James C. Haggerty will present a program titled “Insurance Bad-Faith Resurgent.”
The price is $45 for PADC members and $90 for others. Lunch is included.
For more information, call 800-734-0737.
Elected and Appointed
Hill Wallack announced the promotion of three of its attorneys.
Denise M. Bowman, of the firm’s Yardley, Pa., office, was promoted to partner and Adam B. Kaplan and Ryan P. Kennedy, who both work in the Princeton, N.J., office, were promoted to counsel.
Bowman is a member of Hill Wallack’s business and commercial practice group and the litigation division.
Kaplan is a member of the firm’s litigation division and its products liability and trial and insurance defense practice groups.
Kennedy is a member of the firm’s real estate division and its banking and financial services, eminent domain, property tax appeals and regulatory and government affairs practice groups.
Flaster Greenberg announced the appointment of its 2014 chairs of the firm’s bankruptcy, corporate, environmental, intellectual property, litigation and real estate law departments.
• William J. Burnett serves as chair of the firm’s bankruptcy, financial restructuring and risk management department.
• Thomas J. Durling serves as chair of the firm’s intellectual property department.
• J. Philip Kirchner serves as chair of the firm’s litigation department.
• Franklin J. Riesenburger serves as chair of the firm’s environmental and real estate law departments.
• Alan H. Zuckerman serves as chair of the firm’s corporate and tax departments.
The Philadelphia Bar Association‘s Social Security disability committee started 2014 with a meeting Jan. 17 where three Martin LLC attorneys spoke on key issues of interest.
Maria Bermudez-Harris was appointed 2014 co-chair of the committee and honored the outgoing co-chairs.
Joe Huttemann spoke on the impact that Social Security has on workers’ compensation cases, and Joe Capitan reviewed best practices in evaluating workers’ compensation issues.
The Legal will be presenting another group of Pennsylvania luminaries with Lifetime Achievement Awards this year.
We had only a select few requirements: The attorney must have had a distinct impact on the legal profession in the state and must still be practicing the law.
Information about each award recipient will be included in a special supplement to be published this spring, and they will be honored at a celebratory dinner May 29. The following attorneys, in alphabetical order, are this year’s recipients of The Legal’s Lifetime Achievement Award:
• Harold Berger, Berger & Montague.
• Ralph E. Cindrich, Cindrich & Associates.
• Ida Chen, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
• John G. Chou, AmerisourceBergen.
• Romulo L. Diaz Jr., PECO Energy Co.
• Kate Ford Elliott, Pennsylvania Superior Court.
• Abbe F. Fletman, Flaster Greenberg.
• Stewart Greenleaf, Pennsylvania Senate.
• Arthur E. Grim, Berks County Court of Common Pleas.
• Nina M. Gussack, Pepper Hamilton.
• Gregory Jordan, PNC Financial Services Group.
• Thomas R. Kline, Kline & Specter.
• William H. Lamb, Lamb McErlane.
• Cletus P. Lyman, Lyman & Ash.
• Robert J. Mongeluzzi, Saltz Mongeluzzi Barrett & Bendesky.
• Patrick J. O’Connor, Cozen O’Connor.
• David H. Pittinsky, Ballard Spahr.
• Lloyd Remick, Zane Management.
• William R. Sasso, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young.
• Bernard W. Smalley Sr., Tucker Law Group.
• Joan N. Stern, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott.
• Stewart M. Weintraub, Chamberlain Hrdlicka.
The Legal is seeking nominations for its 2014 Best Legal Departments contest, honoring the best in-house legal departments in Pennsylvania. Nominations can come from anyone and are due Wednesday.
View the one-page nomination form at http://at.law.com/PaDepts14 or contact email@example.com for more information. •