For its 170th anniversary this year, The Legalis honoring its first group of Lifetime Achievement Award winners. The 27 recipients are being honored for the distinct impact they have had on the legal profession in Pennsylvania. They are, in alphabetical order:
• Arlin M. Adams, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis.
• Samuel A. Alito Jr., U.S. Supreme Court.
• Nolan N. Atkinson Jr., Duane Morris.
• Lawrence J. Beaser, Blank Rome.
• Phyllis Beck, Independence Foundation.
• Frank Cervone, Support Center for Child Advocates.
• David L. Cohen, Comcast Corp.
• Stephen A. Cozen, Cozen O’Connor.
• Albert S. Dandridge III, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis.
• Nelson A. Diaz, Dilworth Paxson.
• Lawrence J. Fox, Drinker Biddle & Reath.
• John Gismondi, Gismondi & Associates.
• Robert C. Heim, Dechert.
• Lawrence Kaplan, Rothman Gordon.
• Tsiwen Law, Law & Associates.
• Charisse R. Lillie, Comcast Foundation.
• Edward M. Madeira Jr., Pepper Hamilton.
• Barbara W. Mather, Pepper Hamilton.
• Theodore A. McKee, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
• Edward G. Rendell, Ballard Spahr.
• Norma L. Shapiro, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
• Carol Nelson Shepherd, Feldman Shepherd Wohlgelernter Tanner Weinstock & Dodig.
• Dolores K. Sloviter, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
• Dick Thornburgh, K&L Gates.
• R. Stanton Wettick Jr., Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
• Deborah R. Willig, Willig, Williams & Davidson.
• Barton J. Winokur, Dechert.
For more on the selection process and a special anniversary magazine that will profile each of the winners, visit The Legal‘s blog at www.thelegalintelligencer.typepad.com.
Roberta D. Pichini, a partner with Feldman Shepherd Wohlgelernter Tanner Weinstock & Dodig, was inducted as a fellow in the International Society of Barristers at its annual meeting March 11 in Mexico.
The International Society of Barristers is an invitation-only, limited-membership society dedicated to preserving trial by jury, the adversary system and an independent judiciary.
Pichini represents seriously injured infants, children and adults in all areas of catastrophic injury cases and, in particular, in medical malpractice, products liability and motor-vehicle accident matters.
Capehart Scatchard executive committee member John H. Geaney moderated a panel discussion at the 2013 American Bar Association workers’ compensation midwinter seminar and conference in Coral Gables, Fla.
The panel examined employment releases and resignation agreements in workers’ compensation cases and subsequent unemployment claims.
Geaney concentrates his practice in the representation of employers in workers’ compensation defense matters, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Melissa M. Grossman joined Hyland Levin as of counsel to the firm.
She concentrates her practice in estate planning, estate and trust administration and business succession planning, and advises individuals and families in connection with complex issues relating to wealth transfer and the transitioning of closely held businesses as part of a tailored and tax-efficient estate plan.
Linda Zhou joined the Palo Alto, Calif., office of K&L Gates as a partner in the emerging growth and venture capital practice.
Zhou advises startup, emerging growth and public companies in the consumer Internet, software, telecommunications and entertainment technology industries on corporate and securities law, private and public financings, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate partnering transactions. •