Every two years, The Legal recognizes outstanding minority attorneys from across Pennsylvania. Following are the names of the Pennsylvania attorneys who have been selected as 2013′s Diverse Attorneys of the Year, in no particular order:
• Rahat Babar, Bayne Law Group.
• Tsiwen Law, Law & Associates.
• Rachel Gallegos, First Judicial District.
• Danielle Banks, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young.
• Brian Sims, Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
• Albert S. Dandridge III, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis.
• Michael Lee, Philadelphia Criminal Record Expungement Project.
• William M. Carter Jr., University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
• Laura E. Krabill, Ballard Spahr.
• Paul Lancaster Adams, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart.
• Stella Tsai, Archer & Greiner.
• Joe H. Tucker Jr., Tucker Law Group.
• Philip Yoon, Superior Court.
• Kenneth A. Murphy, Drinker Biddle & Reath.
• Judge Petrese B. Tucker, Eastern District.
• Everett Gillison, city of Philadelphia.
• Carlton L. Johnson, Archer & Greiner.
• David Williams, Kline & Specter.
• A. Verona Dorch, Harsco Corp.
• Isla L. Long, Pepper Hamilton.
• Nikki Johnson-Huston, city of Philadelphia.
• Helen Casale, Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller.
• Jason Hazlewood, Reed Smith.
• Eric Diaz, Jacoby Donner.
Profiles and details about each attorney will be included in the Diversity supplement, scheduled to be published in The Legal on April 16. The attorneys are also set to be honored at a luncheon May 23 in Philadelphia; for more information, contact Diane McCollum at 215-557-2335 or email@example.com.
Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott and Sterns & Weinroth are combining their practices, effective April 1.
The merged firm, which will be known as Eckert Seamans, will result in the addition of a new Eckert Seamans office in Trenton, N.J., and bring the firm’s total attorney count to more than 385.
Dilworth Paxson opened a New York City office, adding a seventh location to its regional presence.
Gregory Blue will serve as resident partner in charge of the office. •