The family of an 18-year-old man who died at the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades when he was electrocuted while trying to repair a light fixture has reached an $8.5 million settlement with the school.

Michael Savage Jr. had been attending the school for less than 60 days in October 2009 in his efforts to become an electrician when his instructor directed him and another student to remove a light fixture from the ceiling of the carpentry shop and bring it back to the power plant shop to try and repair it.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]