A Blair County jury has awarded $10.8 million to a man who sustained a brain injury after suffering an allergic reaction to a substance administered to him in a hospital.

The verdict was awarded to plaintiff Christopher Miller, who sued Tyrone Hospital for negligence and medical malpractice for allegedly failing to appropriately respond to his allergic reaction to a contrast medium, a liquid given to patients undergoing radiological imaging to make results clearer.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]