Chartwell Law attorneys Robert Baker, Jason Hanford, Barak Kassutto and Jaclyn Vottero presented “Weed in the Workplace,” a seminar hosted by Chartwell Law at its Philadelphia office.
Hanford was the moderator for the panel, which discussed how medical marijuana will impact Pennsylvania employers and insurers.
Along with the attorneys, other professionals including a medical director and insurance company vice president sat on the panel to offer additional perspectives.
Baker focuses his practice on the defense of general employment and workers’ compensation matters.
Hanford focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, general litigation, government contract claims and employment and labor law.
Kassutto concentrates his practice assisting employers and insurance carriers in litigating and defending all matters relating to workers’ compensation.
Vottero focuses her practice on workers’ compensation, heart and lung litigation and subrogation, and civil service litigation.
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young senior counsel Bennett G. Picker delivered the keynote address at the annual Winkler Institute Mediation Conference on April 23 in Toronto.
Picker’s address, “The Landscape of Mediation—The Past 40 Years,” discussed the origins of commercial mediation and significant changes in the process and practice over the past four decades.
Picker, a full-time mediator and arbitrator, has spent more than three decades dedicating himself to promoting and improving the field of ADR across the nation and throughout the world.
Most recently, Picker was designated by the International Mediation Institute to serve as its delegate to the United Nations where he is working with ministers of several nations to explore the potential for mediation to serve as a means of avoiding and resolving public conflicts.
Elected and Appointed
The conclusion of the Pennsylvania Bar Association annual meeting signaled the start of a new PBA leadership team taking office for 2018-19.
• President: Charles Eppolito III, White and Williams.
• President-elect: Anne N. John, John & John.
• Vice president: David E. Schwager, Chariton, Schwager & Malak.
• Immediate past president: Sharon R. López, Triquetra Law.
• Chair, House of Delegates: Beaver County Court of Common Pleas Judge James J. Ross.
• Secretary: Michael J. McDonald, McDonald & MacGregor.
• Treasurer: Terry D. Weiler, Huckabee, Weiler & Levengood.
• Chair, Young Lawyers Division: Alaina Koltash, assistant counsel for the Governor’s Office of General Counsel Pennsylvania Department of Education.
• Chair-elect, Young Lawyers Division: Jennifer Menichini, Greco Law Associates.
• Immediate past chair, Young Lawyers Division: Jonathan D. Koltash, senior counsel at the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel’s human resources manager Krista Hart was named vice president of communications for the board of directors of the Philadelphia chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators.
Hart will be responsible for managing chapter communications while collaborating with other board members to ensure a consistent brand and message. She will assist with content including e-newsletters, and webinars, as well as regularly communicating upcoming events to chapter members and maintaining chapter social media profiles.