Thompson & Knight represented Cardinal Midstream LLC of Dallas when it sold virtually all of its assets to Atlas Pipeline Partners LP of Pittsburgh for $603.4 million in cash.
Jones Day represented Atlas Pipeline in the transaction that was announced on Dec. 3, 2012, and closed on Dec. 20, 2012. The acquisition was effective as of Dec. 1, 2012.
According to a Cardinal press release, Cardinal sold its Arkoma Woodford-based natural gas gathering, processing and treating business and its natural gas contract treating business, located in Oklahoma, to Atlas Pipeline. Cardinal’s management team retains the Cardinal Midstream name and will continue to “pursue midstream development opportunities in unconventional resource plays across North America.”
Dallas partners Wesley P. Williams and Arthur J. Wright, oil and gas practice group leader, led the Thompson & Knight team representing Cardinal. Others involved were partner R. David Wheat of Dallas and associate Anna R. Irion of Houston.
Jeff Schlegal, an energy partner in Houston, led Jones Day’s team of lawyers representing Atlas Pipeline in the deal. Others involved were energy associates Omar Samji and Brad Honeycutt, both of Houston; tax partners Todd Wallace and Karen Currie and employment benefits executive compensation of counsel Gary Short, all of Dallas; labor and employment partner Mark Temple of Houston; antitrust partner Bevin Newman of Washington, D.C.; labor and regulation partner Anna Hartog of Chicago; mergers-and-acquisitions associate Isaac Griesbaum of Dallas; and government regulation counsel Jane Murphy of Chicago.
Previous Deals of the Week:
• Deal of the Week: Houston Calling
• Deal of the Week: Empeiria Acquisition to Merge With Integrated Drilling Equipment
• Deal of the Week: Plains Exploration & Production to Purchase Oil and Gas Properties
• Deal of the Week: Investment Funds Put Up to $500 Million in Sage Midstream LLC
• Deal of the Week: TPC Group Inc. to Acquire First Reserve Corp. and SK Capital Partners
• Deal of the Week: Kinder Morgan Selling Energy Assets
• Deal of the Week: CB&I to Acquire Shaw Group
• Deal of the Week: NRG Energy to Acquire Genon Energy
• Deal of the Week: Dell to Acquire Quest Software
• Deal of the Week: $200 Million Private Offering
• Deal of the Week: Apache to Acquire Cordillera Energy Partners
• Deal of the Week: Deal a Go Despite Stock Market Swoon