Navigating Data Protection & Risk in the Cloud Era Using Intelligent Technology Solutions
Produced and Sponsored by:
Digital transformation has led to an explosion of data that grows exponentially every day, resulting in a complex digital environment that poses new risks. Adding to that complexity are new regulations and standards that are constantly emerging and evolving. The unfortunate reality is, there are new risks companies face including hacking, data leaking, security breaches, and more.
Microsoft also faces these challenges and is aiming to invest in compliance and risk management to help themselves and their customers more easily safeguard privacy, address regulations and standards, and mitigate insider risks.
Join this video webcast and gain a better understanding of:
- Strategies in dealing with the challenges faced by legal and compliance professionals.
- IT services where business decisions have already been made and there is pressure to avoid delaying technical innovation.
- Why a general understanding of technical services and the issues at hand is lacking among lawyers.
- Importance of securing service provider transparency in communicating about potential security compromises and service provider obligations with respect to response.
- Why enterprise cybersecurity responsibilities don’t simply transfer to the cloud service provider
- How to develop the ability to advise clients on how their enterprise risk management programs interact with those of the cloud service provider, and what questions counsel needs to ask of each party.
If you have previously registered for this event, please click here and log-in using the email you registered with to access the on-demand event.
|Mara Arenson, Privacy and Cyber Security Attorney, Microsoft 365 Product Group, Microsoft. She is responsible for advising the clients regarding matters pertaining to privacy, compliance, GDPR, data breaches and security incidents. Prior to supporting the Microsoft 365 Product Group, Mara was a commercial licensing attorney responsible for Microsoft enterprise and cloud products and services. Prior to Microsoft, Mara was general counsel for a an enterprise compliance technology start-up and practiced law at Cooley LLP and Epstein, Becker & Green. Mara is also author of Essentials of Enterprise Compliance, published by J. Wiley and Karoshi: Is It Sweeping America? published by the UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal.
|Adam Cohen, Esq. CISSP CCSP CEH, Managing Director at Topside Group, LLC. Adam serves financial services clients with a unique blend of expertise and experience as both lawyer and cybersecurity professional. His practice spans legal risk management, regulatory compliance, investigative and litigation response issues involved in cybersecurity, data privacy, electronic discovery, and information governance. A former litigation partner with an Am Law 100 law firm, Adam is also an experienced and certified professional in information systems security (CISSP), cloud security (CCSP), and ethical hacking (CEH). He teaches courses in Cybersecurity Law, Electronic Discovery & Information Governance at Cardozo Law School and Fordham Law School and is a prolific author, whose published work has been cited in a landmark federal court opinions.
|Raman Kalyan, Director, Product Marketing, Microsoft 365 Security, Identity, Compliance. Raman is focused on driving awareness and broad adoption of Microsoft 365 intelligent risk and compliance management solutions in enterprises worldwide.