Navigating Data Protection & Risk in the Cloud Era Using Intelligent Technology Solutions
Produced and Sponsored by:
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020
Time: 2pm ET | 11am PT
Credits: This program is approved for 1.0 CLE Credit in NY, NJ, CA, and IL for ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who view this event for 50+ minutes
Digital transformation has led to an explosion of data that grows exponentially every day, resulting in a complex digital environment that poses new risks. Adding to that complexity are new regulations and standards that are constantly emerging and evolving. The unfortunate reality is, there are new risks companies face including hacking, data leaking, security breaches, and more.
Microsoft also faces these challenges and is aiming to invest in compliance and risk management to help themselves and their customers more easily safeguard privacy, address regulations and standards, and mitigate insider risks.
Join this live video webcast and gain a better understanding of:
- Strategies in dealing with the challenges faced by legal and compliance professionals.
- IT services where business decisions have already been made and there is pressure to avoid delaying technical innovation.
- Why a general understanding of technical services and the issues at hand is lacking among lawyers.
- Importance of securing service provider transparency in communicating about potential security compromises and service provider obligations with respect to response.
- Why enterprise cybersecurity responsibilities don’t simply transfer to the cloud service provider
- How to develop the ability to advise clients on how their enterprise risk management programs interact with those of the cloud service provider, and what questions counsel needs to ask of each party.
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
|Mara Arenson, Privacy and Cyber Security Attorney, Microsoft 365 Product Group, Microsoft. She is responsible for advising the clients regarding matters pertaining to privacy, compliance, GDPR, data breaches and security incidents. Prior to supporting the Microsoft 365 Product Group, Mara was a commercial licensing attorney responsible for Microsoft enterprise and cloud products and services. Prior to Microsoft, Mara was general counsel for a an enterprise compliance technology start-up and practiced law at Cooley LLP and Epstein, Becker & Green. Mara is also author of Essentials of Enterprise Compliance, published by J. Wiley and Karoshi: Is It Sweeping America? published by the UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal.
|Adam Cohen, Esq. CISSP CCSP CEH, Managing Director at Topside Group, LLC. Adam serves financial services clients with a unique blend of expertise and experience as both lawyer and cybersecurity professional. His practice spans legal risk management, regulatory compliance, investigative and litigation response issues involved in cybersecurity, data privacy, electronic discovery, and information governance. A former litigation partner with an Am Law 100 law firm, Adam is also an experienced and certified professional in information systems security (CISSP), cloud security (CCSP), and ethical hacking (CEH). He teaches courses in Cybersecurity Law, Electronic Discovery & Information Governance at Cardozo Law School and Fordham Law School and is a prolific author, whose published work has been cited in a landmark federal court opinions.
|Raman Kalyan, Director, Product Marketing, Microsoft 365 Security, Identity, Compliance. Raman is focused on driving awareness and broad adoption of Microsoft 365 intelligent risk and compliance management solutions in enterprises worldwide.
Continuing Education Credits
CLE credit is approved for this event. To qualify:
- 1.0 CLE Credit will be earned by ALL LIVE ATTENDEES who viewed this event for 50+ minutes.
- You must attend live.
- You must view the event for 50+ minutes.
- You cannot watch the program in a group if you wish to earn CLE credits.
- If you do choose to watch the event in a group, ensure that you are also logged in on your own personal device, under your log-in credentials, as we will need proof of your attendance. (Though it is highly recommended that you view the event from your own personal device).
- We have applied for CLE credit in the jurisdictions of NY, NJ, IL, and CA.
- If you are in NY or NJ, you will need to retain the CLE code which will be announced during the live webcast.
- If you are not in one of the listed jurisdictions, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org after the live event for a certificate of attendance that you can submit to your CLE board.
- CLE certificates will not be available until 5 business days after the live event at which time you will receive an email letting you know that your CLE certificate is available to be downloaded.