A Sector-by-Sector Look at How the Legal Industry Recovers from the Pandemic
This event is now available on-demand. If you have previously registered for this event please click here and login using the email your registered with.
Every sector of the legal industry is feeling the effects COVID-19 has had on the economy and our ability to operate as we once did. Law.com readers from across the legal landscape have been keenly focused on the impact of the pandemic and how they continue to do business.
Join this webcast to hear Law.com’s senior editors’ insights from across industry sectors. They will share updates on how certain sectors are managing through the crisis, along with their insights into short-term and long-term impacts of this economic downturn. Get the latest information and trends on how each industry is faring, and ask questions about your industry. Industry topics to be covered are:
- Litigators: How the courts are coming back from shutdown, what litigating in a post-pandemic world will look like, what we can learn from the Supreme Court’s historic telephonic arguments and what trends we see in litigation filings.
- Law Firms: Update on the financial impact to the legal industry and pandemic-related issues around talent management, deal flow, real estate, office reopenings and execution of strategic plans.
- In-house Counsel: The top issues legal departments are focused on at this stage of the pandemic, how they are aiding the broader business, the role of legal operations in a post-pandemic climate and what they need from their outside counsel.
- Government/Regulatory: The issues surrounding government loan programs, how key regulatory agencies are operating during the pandemic and how regulatory enforcement has shifted in the past several months.
- Law Schools: The impact of the past several months of online learning, what law schools plan to do for the fall term, how the bar exam is being addressed across the country and what long term effects the pandemic may have on legal education in the United States.
- Legal Technology: Has the pandemic created an opening for legal technology to thrive? What will the pandemic mean for investment into tech companies and the investment by law firms and law departments into legal technology?
REGISTER NOW! (Not able to attend? STILL REGISTER you will receive an email with how to access the recording of the event)
Gina Passarella | Editor-in-Chief | The American Lawyer and ALM’s Global Legal Brands
Ben Seal | Executive Editor | The American Lawyer
Heather Nevitt | Editor-in-Chief | Corporate Counsel
Zach Warren | Editor-in-Chief | Legaltech News
Lisa Helem | Editor-in-Chief | The National Law Journal
Michael Scarcella | Senior Editor, Regulatory | ALM
Karen Sloan | Legal Education Editor | ALM