The 49 lawyers profiled in these pages are those that we decided—after a rigorous evaluation process—represent a new wave of leadership in the New Jersey legal profession.
They have already built accomplished careers and, despite their youth, have established themselves as leaders within their firms and organizations, as well as within the larger legal community.
Our basic criteria for selection of these standout lawyers are that they have developed practice niches, amassed strong books of business, demonstrated leadership qualities, shown expertise in litigation or transactional work and committed themselves to pro-bono, charitable and professional volunteer work.
Diversity was also a factor we took into consideration, as we believe an accurate snapshot of the future of New Jersey lawyers must reflect the bar as a whole.
As watchers of the New Jersey legal profession, we have noted that many chosen for this feature in the past have continued their rise to stardom. We have no reason to think this year’s group will be any exception.
— Zack Needles, New Jersey Bureau Chief
• Alexis M. Aloi, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
• Richard J. Angowski Jr., Schwartz Simon Edelstein & Celso
• Matthew E. Beck, Wolff & Samson
• George Benaur, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
• Mary W. Browning, Cole Schotz Meisel Forman & Leonard
• Alychia L. Buchan, Proskauer Rose
• Christopher J. Capone, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart
• Michael J. Cohen, Winne Banta Hetherington Basralian & Kahn
• James J. Di Giulio, McElroy Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
• Matthew C. Dorsi, DiFrancesco Bateman Coley Yospin Kunzman Davis Lehrer & Flaum
• Crystal West Edwards, Schenck Price Smith & King
• Sandra C. Fava, Fox Rothschild
• Harris Neal Feldman, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
• Eric D. Frank, Duane Morris
• Michael R. Futterman, McCusker Anselmi Rosen & Carvelli
• Christine I. Gannon, Connell Foley
• Richard Hernandez, McCarter & English
• Sharmila D. Jaipersaud, Schenck Price Smith & King
• Roosevelt Jean, Chasan Leyner & Lamparello
• Robert Johnson, Gibbons P.C.
• Matthew R. Kaplan, Genova Burns Giantomasi Webster
• Laurajane B. Kastner, Sills Cummis & Gross
• Deborah A. Kelly, Coughlin Duffy
• Joshua S. Kincannon, Keefe Bartels
• Ellen S. Knarr, Day Pitney
• Constantina Koulosousas, Mandelbaum Salsburg
• Ursula Henrich Leo, Laddey Clark & Ryan
• Joseph V. Leone, Hoagland Longo Moran Dunst & Doukas
• Jonathan H. Lomurro, Lomurro Davison Eastman & Munoz
• Robert B. McBriar, Schenck Price Smith & King
• Mark Salah Morgan, Day Pitney
• Mark E. Nikolsky, McCarter & English
• Uzoamaka N. Okoye, Gibbons P.C.
• Rajiv D. Parikh, Genova Burns Giantomasi Webster
• Jennifer A. Passannante, Hoagland Longo Moran Dunst & Doukas
• Lori A. Patrick, Coughlin Duffy
• Jacob S. Perskie, Fox Rothschild
• Zahid N. Quraishi, Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti
• Adelaide Riggi, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus
• Daniel L. Saperstein, Proskauer Rose
• Alexander X. Saunders, Peckar & Abramson
• Alexander Shalom, American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey
• Jason C. Spiro, Stone & Magnanini
• Loly G. Tor, K&L Gates
• Benjamin E. Widener, Stark & Stark
• Charles J. Wilkes, Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis
• Simone Wilson-Brito, McCarter & English
• Margaret (Peggy) O’Rourke Wood, Wolff & Samson
• Michael C. Zogby, Drinker Biddle & Reath