The Civil Case Information Statement ("Civil CIS") is included in the Rules of Court as Appendix XII-B1. This notice is to advise the bar of a number of revisions to the Civil CIS, effective August 19, 2013. The complete Civil CIS as revised is attached to this notice. The specific revisions are as follows:
• On Side 1, the addition of a Hurricane Sandy indicator, that is, a check-off box to indicate whether the case is "Hurricane Sandy related"; the purpose of this indicator is to facilitate the identification of those matters resulting from Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath to that those matters can receive prioritized attention.
• On Side 2, conforming the Civil CIS to the Court's earlier rule amendments by changing "Mass Tort/Centralized Management" to "Multicounty Litigation (MCL)".
• On Side 2, the following categories of cases previously designated as "Mass Tort" cases are now designated as "Multicounty Litigation":
266 Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
281 Bristol-Myers Squibb Environmental
• On Side 2, the following categories of cases previously accorded "Centralized Management" status are now designated as "Multicounty Litigation":
285 Stryker Trident Hip Implant
288 Prudential Tort Litigation
290 Pompton Lakes Environmental Litigation
291 Pelvic Mesh/Gynecare
292 Pelvic Mesh/Bard
293 Depuy ASR Hip Implant Litigation
295 Alloderm Regenerative Tissue Matrix
• On Side 2, adding case type 296 under Multicounty Litigation for litigation involving Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and the ABG II Modular Hip Stem components, pursuant to the Supreme Court's January 15, 2013 Order; and
• On Side 2, adding case type 297 under Multicounty Litigation for litigation involving the Mirena contraceptive device, pursuant to the Supreme Court's May 13, 2013 Order.
Any questions concerning these changes to the Civil CIS may be directed to Taironda E. Phoenix, Esq., Chief, Civil Court Programs, Civil Practice Division, Administrative Office of the Courts, Hughes Justice Complex, P.O. Box 981, Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0981; telephone 609-292-8470; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glenn A. Grant, J.A.D.
Acting Administrative Director of the Courts
Dated: August 12, 2013
Attachment: Complete Civil CIS as revised