The state has approved a $12.75 million settlement between NJ Transit and a man who sustained traumatic brain injuries after being struck by a bus racing through a pedestrian crosswalk.

Plaintiff Jason Gillespie’s lawyer, David Mazie of Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman in Roseland, said the governor signed off on the agreement on Sept. 6. Of the settlement, 75% of the proceeds were apportioned to Gillespie and the remaining 25% went to his wife.

This content has been archived. It is available through our partners, LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law.

To view this content, please continue to their sites.

Not a Lexis Advance® Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Not a Bloomberg Law Subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Why am I seeing this?

LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law are third party online distributors of the broad collection of current and archived versions of ALM's legal news publications. LexisNexis® and Bloomberg Law customers are able to access and use ALM's content, including content from the National Law Journal, The American Lawyer, Legaltech News, The New York Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel, as well as other sources of legal information.

For questions call 1-877-256-2472 or contact us at [email protected]