Henry M. “Hank” Greenberg of Albany has been elected president-elect designee of the New York State Bar Association.
Current President-elect Michael Miller of New York City assumes the presidency on June 1, succeeding Sharon Stern Gerstman of Buffalo. Sherry Levin Wallach (Bashian & Farber) of White Plains was elected to a second one-year term as secretary. Scott M. Karson (Lamb & Barnosky) of Melville was elected to a third one-year term as treasurer.
The House of Delegates, the association’s governing body, elected Greenberg and the other officers during the 141st annual meeting in Manhattan. Greenberg begins a one-year term as president-elect on June 1, and will become president on June 1, 2019.
Greenberg, a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig, is currently vice president of the association’s 3rd Judicial District.
Eight new State Bar section chairs also assumed office. They are:
• Wesley R. Powell of New York City (Willkie, Farr & Gallagher)—Antitrust Law Section.
• Elizabeth J. Shampnoi of New York City (NYC Commission on Human Rights)—Corporate Counsel Section.
• Barry Skidelsky of Manhattan (private practice)—Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section.
• Eric A. Tepper of Glenville (Gordon, Tepper & DeCoursey)—Family Law Section (effective Feb. 1).
• Karen Gilbreath Sowell of Washington, D.C. (Ernst & Young’s National Tax Department)—Tax Section.
• Timothy J. Fennell of Oswego ((Amdursky, Pelky Fennell & Wallen)—Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section.
• Violet E. Samuels of Rosedale (Samuels & Associates)—Trial Lawyers Section.
• Natalia Murphy of New York City (Citi Trust)—Trusts and Estates Law Section.