• Valérie Demont has joined Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton as a partner in the firm’s corporate practice group. She joins from Pepper Hamilton where she was a member of that’s firm’s capital markets, securities and M&A practice.
• Frank Carone has been elevated to name partner of Abrams Fensterman, which has changed its official name to Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone.
• Littler Mendelson has added Donald C. Dowling Jr. as a shareholder in the firm’s international employment law practice group. He was previously a partner at K&L Gates.
• Hunton & Williams has promoted Michael B. Kruse and Robert A. Rich to counsel in the firm’s New York office.
• Davis Wright Tremaine welcomes media and first amendment lawyers Nathan Siegel, Katherine Bolger and Rachel Strom as partners. All three join from Levine Sullivan Koch & Schulz. Also joining the firm from Levine Sullivan are associates Amy Wolf and Adam Lazier.
• Warshaw Burstein welcomes Lori Anne Czepiel and Kevin Hirson as newly-hired partners and Peter Figdor as newly-hired counsel. Ms. Czepiel joined the firm in May 2017 from Duval. Mr. Figdor joined in June 2017 from Dentons. Mr. Hirson joined in February 2017. He was previously at Wormser Kiely Galef and Jacobs.
• New York Lawyers for the Public Interest has announced that Marinda van Dalen has joined the organization as a senior staff attorney. Weil, Gotshal & Manges, a longtime partner of NYLPI, sponsored this position through a generous gift. Prior to joining, van Dalen was a managing attorney at Texas RioGrande Legal Aid.
Have a move to announce? All potential items for “On the Move” should be addressed to Patricia Kane at email@example.com.